We all love our air conditioners that keep us cool and comfortable at homes and offices. Just like every other electrical appliance, one must be cautious while using an HVAC equipment. Several cases of home injuries and accidents over the years were related to AC units, humidifiers, heat pumps, and other appliances. To ensure the safety of you and your family, here’s a list of tips from an expert air conditioning service in North Shore
3 Safety tips for AC installation:
- While installing your air conditioning unit, location is an important aspect worth considering. There must not be any other appliance or device with flammable gases present near your air conditioning system.
- During the air conditioning installation in North Shore, check and make sure that the drain hose pipe doesn’t have water in it.
- Installing an electric-leakage circuit breaker is highly recommended. Lack of a circuit breaker could increase the risk of electric shocks while using the AC. Remember that the cables from the breaker should not be in contact with the water pipe, telephone cable, or a gas pipe. Talk to a qualified electrician for assistance.
6 Safety Tips for AC Repairs:
- If you detect any problem with your air conditioning system, do not try to repair it yourself. Always hire a qualified and skilled air conditioning service in North Shore to resolve the same.
- Do not touch the live conductors or wires without wearing a protective gear to prevent shocks.
- Alert everyone in your home or office that your AC unit is malfunctioning, so that they will know it’s not safe to use it.
- While an expert is repairing your AC, it is ideal to keep your children and pets away from the unit for safety.
- Get your air conditioning system repaired during daytime when there’s adequate natural light. This way, you won’t have to turn on any electrical lighting equipment while the AC technician is fixing the problem.
- You don’t have to help the technician during the repair process. Interfering with their work won’t be safe, so let the pros handle it for you. However, don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have with regards to the safe usage of your HVAC equipment.
5 Tips to Safely Use Your AC:
- Always turn off the power supply when you are dusting or cleaning your air conditioning unit.
- Never place any other electric appliance close to the indoor and outdoor units of the AC.
- Don’t spray a flammable liquid, such as insecticide, into the blower since it can cause fire.
- Do not touch the switches when your hands are wet.
- As stated earlier, always hire an expert for proper maintenance and air conditioning repairs in North Shore.
These are some of the simple, yet effective measures you can adopt for total safety of your family. Contact a reliable AC repair service today.